WINGMAN IN TRAINING
WHAT’S A WINGMAN?
An ASA Wingman may be new to running, an experienced athlete, young, old, fast or slow. A Wingman does not need to have experience with individuals living with disabilities, nor do they need to have experience racing, just the desire to train and run with our Athletes. However, we do ask that you be able to run (not walk) the distance of your desired race.
WHAT’S A WINGMAN IN TRAINING?
The Wingman in Training program is designed for those who aren’t ready or able to run a 5k yet, but want to work toward becoming a Wingman with ASA. Wingmen in Training must complete our Couch to 5k program before becoming an ASA Wingman.
Complete your weekly Couch to 5k program requirements at your local ASA Community Group Run gatherings so you can work toward your goal while being supported by your new ASA Family! Those who register for this opportunity will also connect with our Wingman in Training coach, who will follow and encourage you on your journey.
WINGMAN IN TRAINING COMMITMENT
- Complete the Wingman in Training Couch to 5k Program
- Become a Wingman upon completion of the Couch to 5k Program
- Attend a minimum of 1 Group Run per month (March – November) to connect with local community members
- Participate in at least 1 race as a Wingman by the end of the year – ASA will cover your entry to the ASA RunFest as well as one free fall 5k with ASA!
- Fundraise $365 for the Wingman Program by December 15th
WINGMAN IN TRAINING COACH
As your Wingman in Training Coach, Conor will encourage and hold you accountable throughout the Couch to 5k Program and beyond. Once you sign up, we’ll put you in touch!
WHY BECOME A WINGMAN?
- You’ll make a positive difference in many lives
- You’ll be empowered to lead a healthy and active lifestyle
- You’ll gain a connection to a welcoming, supportive community
- You’ll get to participate in Group Runs with other Wingmen and Athletes
- We’ll give you your very own custom ASA racing top
- We’ll provide you with fundraising support through our online giving platform
READY TO GET STARTED?
Review the Wingman in Training guidelines, complete the Wingman Registration form, and then create your 2022 Fundraising Page.