Covid-19 information & resources
The safety and well-being of members, participants, volunteers, and staff is our top priority.
LET’S ALL DO OUR PART:
As an organization, ASA will:
- Monitor all guidance from local, state, and federal authorities, and the Center for Disease Control regarding COVID-19.
- Utilize Maryland’s Roadmap to Recovery and Pennsylvania’s Reopening Processes to guide our decision-making
- Be prepared to modify our plans to comply with any future guidelines from local, state, or federal authorities.
We ask that Athletes, Wingmen, Captains, & Participants:
- Always follow the guidance from federal, state, local and the protocols laid forth to participate with ASA.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, have a fever, or have been in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19
- Do not spit or “nose rocket” in public
- Do not share personal items such as hydration, energy gels, and towels
asa COVID-19 policy
Effective 9.1.2021 ASA has released an updated document outlining masking, attendance, quarantine/isolation, and notification policies for all ASA event participants.
If you are FULLY vaccinated, you may attend an ASA event without a mask.
- Parents of ASA Athletes: Please reach out to the ASA Office if you still want your athlete’s team to run with a mask regardless of vaccination status.
- Wingmen & Captains: Please continue to always be prepared to run with a mask if your Athlete requests this precaution upon arrival to an ASA event.
If you are NOT FULLY vaccinated, you must continue to wear a mask at all ASA events.
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
Do not attend an ASA event if you are in quarantine due to an exposure.
You must sign up using the appropriate registration method before attending any ASA event to allow for proper track and trace procedure:
Guests must register on the sign-up genius and complete the guest participation waiver prior to attending a Group Run.
Athletes and Captains use the Wishlist, Wingmen email their Community Coordinator to document participation.
Use the appropriate RSVP/registration portal for each event – including but not limited to: RunFest, Trunk or Treat, ASA Open, Board Meetings, Donor appreciation events.
If you have been to an ASA event in the preceding 48 hours before experiencing symptoms and/or testing positive for COVID, please call the ASA Office at 443-272-1204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can follow our track and trace procedures to notify the appropriate individuals.
- ASA will strictly maintain the confidentiality of a participant who notifies them of a positive test.
- ASA will notify participants of possible exposure using the registration lists mentioned above and a phone call with the positive person to determine close contacts using CDC guidelines.
ASA will send 2 emails upon learning of possible exposures:
- You were at an ASA event with the person who tested positive.
- You are considered a close contact of the individual who tested person: on the Wingman Team with them or they reported having an interaction with you at that ASA event.
If You Are Unvaccinated:
Quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, unless you have been fully vaccinated.
- Do not attend an ASA event for 14 days after your last exposure to that person.
If You Are Vaccinated:
People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms.
- You may attend an ASA event but must wear a mask for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.
- Fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms.