Covid-19 information & resources
The safety and well-being of members, participants, volunteers, and staff is our top priority.
LET’S ALL DO OUR PART:
As an organization, ASA will:
Monitor all guidance from local, state, and federal authorities, and the Center for Disease Control regarding COVID-19.
Be prepared to modify our plans to comply with any future guidelines from local, state, or federal authorities.
We ask that Athletes, WingMen, Captains, & Participants:
Always follow the guidance from federal, state, local and the protocols laid forth to participate with ASA.
Stay home if you are feeling sick, have a fever, or have been in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19
Do not spit or “nose rocket” in public
Do not share personal items such as hydration, energy gels, and towels
In following updated federal, state, and local guidance, we are updating our gathering protocols.
1. Organized pre and post run activities are now permitted.
2. Organized pre and post run activities that serve food are now permitted.
3. ASA’s updated mask policy from 5.3.21 remains in effect. See below.
As local jurisdictions that are home to our ASA Communities update their rules, we have and will continue to update our mask policy to comply with all new guidelines. Updates to the ASA Mask Policies are as follows:
- If you are fully vaccinated, you may run without a mask.
Parents of ASA Athletes: Please reach out to us if your athlete still requires their team to run with a mask due to immunocompromised health.
WingMen & Captains: At this time, please continue to always be prepared to run with a mask if your Athlete needs this precaution.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you must continue to wear a mask at all times.
- Social Distancing and all other protocols outlined in our COVID-19 Policy are still in effect.
ASA has released updated guidance for vaccination participants.
- If a vaccinated individual is exposed to COVID-19, they may refrain from quarantine and testing following this known exposure if they are asymptomatic. They may continue to attend ASA events.
Reminder – for now, fully vaccinated people who attend ASA events will continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing.
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures because they will be mixing with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease.
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households.
For more detailed information on how we’re handling COVID-19, please read our Return to Group Runs Guidelines.