Covid-19 information & resources
The safety and well-being of members, participants, volunteers, and staff is our top priority.
LET’S ALL DO OUR PART:
As an organization, ASA will:
- Monitor all guidance from local, state, and federal authorities, and the Center for Disease Control regarding COVID-19.
- Be prepared to modify our plans to comply with any future guidelines from local, state, or federal authorities.
We ask that Athletes, Wingmen, Captains, & Participants:
- Always follow the guidance from federal, state, local and the protocols laid forth to participate with ASA.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, have a fever, or have been in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19
asa COVID-19 policy
ASA will continue to monitor all Federal, State, and Local guidance and update as necessary.
As of 2/24/2022:
The following mask policies are in accordance with the CDC Mask Guidelines:
- Masks are not required for any outdoor ASA event
- Masks are not required for any indoor ASA event unless specified by venue
- All Wingman Program participants must continue to bring a mask to Group Runs and Races should you be placed on a team with an ASA Athlete who still requests masks be worn.
- If you do not respect an Athlete’s mask request on your assigned team, you will be asked to leave the ASA event.
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
If you are considered up to date with your vaccines per CDC guidelines:
- COVID Exposure: You may attend ASA events, but you must wear a mask for ten days from the date of exposure.
- Positive COVID Test: DO NOT ATTEND any ASA events until your isolation window has closed and you are testing negative. You must continue to wear a mask until your masking window following a positive test has closed.
If you are not considered up to date with your vaccines per CDC guidelines:
- COVID Exposure: DO NOT ATTEND any ASA events until your isolation window has closed.
- Positive COVID Test: DO NOT ATTEND any ASA events until your isolation window has closed.
If you test positive after attending an ASA event in the last 48 hours, inform Julia Kardian ([email protected]) immediately so notifications can be sent. ASA will strictly maintain the confidentiality of a participant who notifies them of a positive test.
If someone tests positive at an ASA event, ASA will send 2 notification emails to attendees of the event:
- Someone tested positive at this event, be on the lookout for symptoms. This email will be sent to everyone.
- Someone tested positive at this event, and you were either on their Wingman Team. Be on the lookout for symptoms. (If you don’t receive a second email within 5 minutes of the first, you were not on their Wingman Team.)