ASA’s mission is to elevate the quality of life for individuals with limited mobility by empowering them to train for and participate in mainstream running events. We are a champion of inclusion, connecting ASA Athletes to runners from the community through our WingMan Program, inspiring all to celebrate the spirit of “Together We Finish!” Through tremendous community support and investment, ASA provides The WingMan Program free of charge to the ASA Athletes and families we serve.
ASA’s vision is multi-faceted, including:
- To increase confidence, self-esteem, dignity, and the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
- To be a recognized leader in a movement through which individuals with disabilities feel an overwhelming sense of belonging.
- To break down the barriers of inaccessibility that still exist today.
- To promote inclusion by nurturing lasting and authentic relationships based on respect and love.
- To positively impact perceptions about individuals with disabilities.
- To inspire the community at large to give more of themselves through service to others.
- To motivate all to lead active and healthy lifestyles.
Our relationships are mission-driven and value-centered through Inspiration, Dignity, Courage, and Connection.