ASA IS HIRING!
ASA is a growing non-profit company that offers its employees an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals living with disabilities. Our mission is to elevate the quality of life for individuals with limited mobility by empowering them to train for and participate in mainstream running events. ASA is a champion of inclusion, connecting individuals with disabilities to runners from the community, inspiring all to celebrate the spirit of “Together We Finish!”
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Community Manager will oversee the execution of the program in each ASA Community and will help build new communities in conjunction with the ASA leadership team. The Manager is the primary contact and supervisor of the volunteer Community Coordinators. The Manager works in conjunction with the Office Manager to oversee all members of the program including Athletes and their families, WingMen, and Race Directors. The manager works with the ASA leadership team to deliver the program to add the highest possible value to the organization.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administering The Wingman Program, including developing and managing the annual program
- Onboarding and overseeing of ASA’s Athletes
- Recruiting and retaining WingMen and Captains
- Supervising Community Coordinators who work with local ASA Communities
- Building new ASA Communities
- Engaging in, and communicating with, the ASA and broader community
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven experience as program manager or other comparable position; oversight of athletic programs preferred but not required
- Knowledge and track record of strong project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Working knowledge of all Office products as well as other software and database tools, including: Salesforce, Form Assembly, Survey Monkey, Sign Up Genius, WordPress, Constant Contact and Zoom
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with others
- Ability to work independently to meet established goals and timelines
- Passion for elevating the quality of people’s lives through connecting with others
- Available to work some nights and weekends to attend trainings, races, and recruitment events
- Athletically oriented, passion for running
COMPENSATION: Full Time. Salary commensurate with experience.
LOCATION: The headquarters office is in Cockeysville, MD.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Julia Kardian firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28th.